Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bamboo Chair Redoo

This post is LONG overdue since the first time I did a post on my bamboo chairs was way back in April! The reason they have been sitting is that I just wasn't convinced that my original fabric selection was the right choice. I've been trying to be patient and wait until the right fabric came along. About a year ago I was introduced to a fabric that was the perfect fit but at about $65 per yard, it was the not the perfect fit for my budget. While poking around the Internet a few weeks ago I came across the same fabric for $10/yard!


<span class=

It's soft and subtle with the perfect punch of my favorite green. I know that the ikat print is sort of a trendy thing right now but the covers are very simple to remove and could easily be swapped out in the future. But for right now, I love them!

<span class=



<span class=


Here's a look at what these chairs started out looking like, along with my original fabric selections. There were 3 layers of old fabric under that light blue floral fabric. It was fun to imagine the life these little chairs have had before us. That dark blue ikat ended up going here.

<span class=

I bought the chairs for $5 each, the fabric for $10, and purchased new foam for about $15 (for both.) The grand total for both of our desk chairs{$35}

The rest of our desk area has received a little update this weekend - stay tuned for pics later this week!

19 comments:

  1. love the fabric!!!! can't wait to see them in person soon:) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi melissa,

    omg, 5 bucks for those chairs. what a steal. i love them and the fabric is perfecto. i really need to get out to your store this spring, actually i'm looking so forward to it.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were a GREAT find! I love the fabric you used. It's got an exotic quality that really suits the bamboo better than the other fabric. And the pillows you made with the other fabric are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish i could find awesome chairs like that for $35!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously love those chairs! I am so jealous

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are perfect! Love, love, love the fabric choice:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melissa, great find!! I love these bamboo chairs!! The fabric is perfect!

    Do come and enter my Artful Offering!It is truly beautiful!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fabric Melissa! It paid off, literally, to wait until you found what you really wanted! The chairs are so beautiful, great finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. those chairs are fabulous!! the fabric is perfect. can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fabric!!! And I can't believe you got those chairs for $5.00 each!! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a steal for those chairs! LOVE the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This fabric met it's perfect match. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. $5 chairs? Awesome! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog today so that I could find yours! Love your blog name. I'm a total seagrass girl. Always have been. :)

    Happy weekend!
    Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect! The chairs are perfect. Patience and waiting can have their benefits!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am nuts about Ikat, but I can't seem to figure out a way to integrate it properly. Are there any other patterns that are traditionally safe to use with Ikat? Gingham? Stripes?

    ReplyDelete
  16. luv! hi, i'm nancy just discovered your blog and now your newest friend! hope you come visit me soon! going to look around now...:) xoxo's nancy

    ReplyDelete
  17. love everything about this chair! what a fun makeover!!

    joan

    ReplyDelete
  18. great fabric choice. love your blog!

    ReplyDelete