Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Back to Business

Hello Everyone! It's been a busy week, but in keeping up with my New Year's resolutions (one of them is to be MUCH nicer to my blog and keep up!), I wanted to squeeze a little post in.


We just got back from a heavenly few days away in Mammoth. Mammoth is a little mountain town in Central CA. The house above is not where we were staying - we're more of the 1950's, retro, A-frame, every room leaks and is freezing kinda people (shown below). My grandfather built the house back in the 50's and to say it has a few problems would be an understatement. We like to think it has LOT'S of character!


My mom and I are going to be starting a fun little loft makeover at the house in the next few months. It will be a little while before we get started but I promise to share pics once we start.

In other news - Betsy and I are off to Atlanta next week. We're going to the Atlanta Home & Gift show and we're beyond excited. I'm going to try and sneak a few pics of our fun finds while we're there. Anyone have any suggestions for fun shopping and dining in the Atlanta area??

Have a great week everyone!

13 comments:

  1. oh i love mammoth! can't wait to go again this year. so excited to see the transformation of the house. how amazing that your gpa built it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to see the Mammoth House as it progresses - can't wait! My grandparents have a cabin at Arrowhead that is literally 100% intact in its 60s glory - amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Atlanta and love that show. It's great. Go to eat at Tin Lizzy's in Buckhead. It's a great mexican restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun project! Mammoth sounds like a beautiful little town. Have fun in Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see pictures of the mountain cabin redo. I love Atlanta. I would check out Pieces. Lee Kleinhelter is an amazing designer and her store has one of a kind finds. http://piecesinc.com/

    Virginia-Highlands is a really cute neighborhood to stroll and window shop. A great place for brunch is The Flying Biscuit. Its southern classics with a modern touch, like fried green tomatoes with goat cheese. http://www.flyingbiscuit.com/ Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa....Mammoth is so much fun.
    Looking forward to your redo!

    xo kelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Melissa! Thanks so much for visiting me & your sweet comment. YOUR blog is gorgeous! So happy to have found you!
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see pics of the project. We have a little house like that in Tahoe--It's been in the family since the late '40's. The place scares the crap out of me, but I still enjoy staying there...with the black widow spiders...and the raccoons...and of course big foot.
    Have fun in Atlanta! I am dying to hear all about it when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a really fun time with your Mom! Enjoy! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh...but even with it's flaws it's still completely adorable!!!! Good luck in Atlanta:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A little leak here and there never hurt anyone : ) Only when the little leaks turn into ice IN the house....then that can be a problem. Am anxious to see the "after" pictures of the loft. Have a ton of fun in Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Melissa I will enjoy seeing your project!!

    All the Best in 2011!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  13. Were you in Mammoth Christmas Eve? The best skiing with my family EVER. We have a little condo there...that needs major work...but I still did a Christmas post about it. I am a new follower. So excited.
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete