Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Stylish Award

I'm completely honored and speechless to receive the Stylish Blogger Award from Kelley over at The Polished Pebble. On a side note, Kelley is one hilarious, talented woman that I seriously feel like I know (blogging has that affect on me.) : ) The rules of the game are - List 7 things about yourself and then pass the award on to other stylish bloggers. So here it goes.

1) I'm actually very shy. My husband who ironically is known more as the "shy one" is our social coordinator. I'm a pajamas at home with a fire and a movie kind of girl.

2) I've known what I've wanted to do since I was little. Rearranging my childhood bedroom and the rest of the house was a very normal occurrence at our house. My roommate in college and I figured out that I averaged "space planning" aka rearranging our room once a month our freshman year.

<span class=

3) I love the smell of new shoes, a box of erasers and sadly gasoline. Yes, I know, bizarre.

4) I sit and drink a cup of coffee at our coffee shop down the street every morning and I go for a walk every night. It's my prep-time and wind-down time. I feel off without either of those times.

5) I married my Jr. High sweetheart.

<span class=

6) I have played field hockey since I was 10 years old. I almost went to University of the Pacific to play.

<span class=

7) I truly believe I was born in the wrong decade.

<span class=

And now to pass this on to other Stylish Bloggers in no particular order...


Thank you again Kelley!

9 comments:

  1. How sweet to learn a little about you:):)
    Field hockey...how interesting!!!!
    Congrats for the award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to learn more about you! That wedding picture is gorgeous! Thank you for thinking of me, I'm flattered.

    Londen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! And thank you! I just popped in to see what you are up to and I get to know more about you! I am so a jammie wearing, sitting-by-th-fire-watching-a-movie girl too!! In fact, I did that last night! :) Love that you play field hockey and your pictures of your wedding are gorgeous! SO fun to get to know you and thank you for passing that award on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved reading your list! I too think I was born in the wrong decade! I'm laughing b/c I love the smell of erasers. My 8yr old thinks it's the most bizarre thing. Glad I'm not alone! gasoline - not so much!! Aww, and marrying your jr. high sweetheart. you don't hear that often. actually, I can't say I know of any others. I married my high school one, we met and began dating when I was 15. There isn't a soul in this world that knows me better! xo, Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one very talented, quirky young woman....always was and always will be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU shy!? Really? I wouldn't have guessed that. And how cute are you in your field hockey outfit?

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats melissa. kelley knows her stuff.

    i love your list. esp the field hockey thing, i'm v outdoorsy myself so i love that. and one of my favorite smells in the world is the smell of rubber. the tire section at walmart is like heaven to me. love that you married your jr high sweetheart. and i feel like i was born in the wrong era too. again congrats you've got style all day long...

    xo
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. melissa i would love to meet you for a walk one afternoon! and thank you so much for including me in your list. i love all your pictures! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Melissa, sorry for not stopping by sooner. I love your list, but the gasoline smell? Oh well who am I to talk I have a shovel collection!

    I never got to play field hockey but it looks like fun...is it the chicks with sticks thing?

    Thanks for playing along and so well deserved....xo kelley

    ReplyDelete