Wednesday, October 28, 2009

This IS NOT easy!!

I have a confession - I thought this blog thing would be A LOT easier than it is! I don't even want to look at the date of my last post. In all fairness, my computer spent a few days at work where I accidentally left it. .....Let's see....what other excuses can I pull out?.... Anyways, we are having the most amazing fall weather here. It's windy, it's cold, and there are leaves everywhere! I love it! We have some very good friends coming into town to visit. They're coming from Northern CA where I think they have been experiencing some very cold weather and were looking forward to some warm San Diego weather! Oh well - crisp fall weather it is! I really wish I had something like this in the front yard to greet them tomorrow...

Or these guys!

And in my perfect "Martha" world, I would have this mantle all set up, with candles lit when they came in the front door

And these perched on my perfectly, pumpkin sized, shelves....that I just happen to have

Ok, now on a serious note: I have done this one below. You take a small pumpkin (not the mini's) carve simple holes in them, sprinkle cinnimmon on the "lid" and light your pumpkin! The whole house smells like pumpkin pie!

This wouldn't last 1 hour in my house....did I mention I live with two boys?

Happy Fall everyone! I promise to get better at this blog thing! I'll tell you, it's a lot easier to blog-stalk than actually blog - who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment