It may not seem like it - but I'm still chugging along on my Master Bedroom Re-Do. I've been going back and forth between, "do I post about all of the little projects?" OR "do one big reveal on everything??" Well, when it comes down to it, I have ZERO patience! And I'm getting too excited so I'm going to post about a project I finished this weekend.
We bought our bed a couple of years ago. I was feeling guilty that I was always making the decisions on "house things," so David picked out our bed. I don't have a picture of our headboard right now (that's another pending project) but I do have a picture of the bed frame.
I love the espresso wood - but I don't love all of the chords that are such an eyesore under our bed (phone chords, lamp chords, cell phone chords.) As you can see, it wouldn't be easy to use a traditional bedskirt to hide all of this - and it wouldn't be me, if I didn't make something myself! : )
I was racking my brain for a solution to mounting a bedskirt underneath the frame. So, I decided to use a tension rod.
These are SO inexpensive! I got mine for $4.99 at Bed, Bath & Beyond - and of course used a %20 coupon!
I found some gorgeous white linen (my favorite!) in the remnant section at our local fabric store for $5 per yard. Since I didn't need a very wide piece of fabric, it was the perfect way to go!
I went with a simple pleat in the middle to help with puckering, and to break up the long run. My original plan was to add a simple border with a soft, gray, grosgrain ribbon - but I'm actually kind of liking it on its' own.
The best part - no more chords!!!