Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Storefront Windows

I have to say, this Christmas is going to be a little bitter-sweet for me. Sweet, in that it will be my very first Christmas with my husband! I'm so excited for us to create traditions and memories of our own. But, it will be a little bitter in that my sister will be missing Christmas at home for the first time - ever! We hold strong to our traditions each year and it would be an understatement to say it will be weird to not have her here. Instead of being in sunny CA, Heather will be in (hopefully) snowy New York City!! She has promised to take LOADS of pictures of all of the storefront windows decked out for Christmas. I'm beyond jealous as this is on the top of my bucket list to experience. Here's what's waiting for Heather in NYC!


This was hands down my favorite. Barney's New York teamed up with The Food Network and created a jaw-dropping window display made of "Illy" products. That dress is made completely of foil coffee bags!



Bergdorf's theme this year was travel.




I love Henri Bendel's take on The Nutcracker. Never has the Mouse King looked so elegant!




No offense to Lord & Taylor, but the mannequin's in their depictions of favorite Christmas memories just came off a little creepy. Anyone else?


John Derian's fun and funky window - love those lights!



A funky vignette in Gump's (San Fran)



No post on window displays would be complete without the Godfather of all window display-ers. Definitely not the best of the season, but as always, creative. Anthropologie's eco-friendly Christmas window display. **Fun fact - I applied to be a window designer for Anthropologie. I soon realized that my creativity isn't "out there" enough. The interview process was VERY interesting!


Heather - I so wish I was touring all these window displays with you! Maybe next year! xoxo

To check out more of the Bergdorf window display process, check out this video.

3 comments:

  1. Now wouldn't that be a fun job....a window decorator! Maybe in my next life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have lived in Chicago for the last 3 Christmases. Every year we go to the Macy's on State Street to eat in the Walnut Room with the great tree and see the store windows. It is on of the cool things about living here, but I can't wait to move to California.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I applied for that job too! Got rejected:(

    ReplyDelete