Hello Everyone! I hope you all have recovered from Thanksgiving. We're still working on leftovers here at our house. YUM!
I had a couple of questions on the blanket stitching that I posted here. So, I thought I'd do a tutorial post. Hope this makes sense and helps!
1) Start your first stitch by inserting the needle through the backside catching just a small amount of fabric.
2) Pull all the way through.
3) Start your second stitch about 3/8" from the top of your fabric, and about 3/8" to the right of your first stitch. (Or as far apart as you would like your stitches to be.)
4) Loop your thread behind the needle before pulling your needle all the way through.
5) Pull your thread through leaving a small amount of "give" at the end.
6) Gently pull your stitch directly up and then to the right. You don't want your stitch to be pulled completely tight - there should be a small amount of "give."
7) Begin your next stitch equidistant from the first. Make sure your thread is behind your needle before pulling it through.
8) Gently pull up and to the right so that your vertical stitch is straight.
9) Continue until complete!
There you have it!
This makes an excellent movie project. I don't know about you, but I'm the type that can't just sit and watch a movie. I did this pillow in about an hour. I'm thinking next up will be a set of napkins!